Wednesday 10 June 2015

4th Birthday - Ben & Holly's Castle

This was my first major cake sculpture. An experienced cake-making friend said to use rice krispie square mix to make the wall, so I took her advice:
 
 
I wanted a rainbow cake for the castle. I now know that I would have been better to make the castle with intermittent cake boards and supports but I was lucky this time and it didn't collapse!

 
I ordered the Ben & Holly's Little Kingdom castle and stole the figures out of it. I kept that present back from her until after her party, so she didn't notice the missing people!


 
There were actual squeals of joy and delight from the children when we cut the cake open to reveal the rainbow layers - worth every minute of the crazy-late night!

 
And after her party was finished we let her open her last present and play with the little figures from the cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment