Wednesday 10 June 2015

7th Birthday - Tom & Jerry

This cake was a special request from my son; he specifically asked for the scene in Tom & Jerry where they go ice skating in the kitchen. It was a bit of a disaster - the fridge started to collapse over night so it needed a quick recovery in the morning with some chopsticks to prop it up! He loved it though and we managed to save it for long enough that he saw it as it was meant to be!
I had a friend make the figures as I was no good with fondant. The fridge is a layer cake with different colours of buttercream icing - in retrospect I should have put some weight supports under it, on top of the other cake!
 
 
The piñata was Tom, of course!

 
As his party was on a different day to his birthday itself, we had another small cake at home for the family. I ordered the topper on eBay and made my first true rainbow cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment