Thursday 9 July 2015

8th Birthday Day 2 - Fruit Cake!

My son doesn't really like cake all that much, but he has always had a weakness for fruit. I saw this idea on pinterest one day while looking up his Superhero cakes and I knew he had to have one! His eyes just about popped out of his head when he saw it, and between the five of us and his visiting friend, we demolished the lot!
 
 

 
The base is a watermelon, with cantaloupe slices around it and on top of it, decorated with the berries and grapes - all attached with popsicle sticks and toothpicks! :)

1 comment:

  1. Such amazing 8th birthday fruit cake! I liked it a lot. My dad will turn 50 in next week and I have been planning DIY bash for him but would be hosting it at some outdoor garden themed venues in San Francisco. Gathering some unique ideas for the decorations. Do you have any?

    ReplyDelete